Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Reblogging: "A Whole New World"



Okay, so I instantly identified with this video for several reasons:

1. I used to do similar shit when I was younger, except I didn't have the technological know-how to record myself and post it online (which I am entirely thankful for!) I used a karaoke machine and it was the Mulan soundtrack. Dressing up still occurred.

2. Whenever I do this duet with someone else, I'm always Aladdin! I don't know if my unnaturally deep voice (ha, just kidding! It's like the opposite--think, Mickey Mouse!) is perfect for the part or what.

3. Do you see the McDonald's fries carton on her wall as decoration? Fries sound really good right now. Plus, who DIDN'T tack fast food packaging to their walls---- just normal American teenager stuff. "This is me!"


COMPLAINTS:
Take an acting class, kid. Or at least learn to pretend like you are enjoying what you're doing. You look like someone off camera is poking you with something sharp, forcing you to make this video. If that's the case, learn how to cry for help better! And what kind of eye line is that? Are you--are you reading the lyrics as you go? Can you not find where the computer is recording?

3 comments:

  1. love this video. my sides hurt from laughing

    ReplyDelete
  2. That girls room reminds me of a college dorm room. Which makes even more awkward/sad?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just because her parents don't love her (which would explain why she's in a room the size of a broom closet a la Harry Potter, movie 1)

    Also, no self respecting university would let students paint their dorm room neon green. I don't think windows are allowed either.

    ReplyDelete