Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Little Deaths

This guy knows what I'm talking about.

In the 16th and 17th century, people believed that during intercourse a man's blood turned into semen. This led many physicians to recommend that men limit their number of ejaculations.

Poets sometimes described sexual relations as little deaths---"Oh, I die, I die" was a standard poetic conceit for orgasm.



Speaking of sexy writers, James Joyce wrote a series of extremely dirty love letters to his girlfriend Nora Barnacle in 1909...


If you are looking for a way to spice up your dull sex life, read Joyce's letters as one large instruction manual. Also great for the couples who love role-playing!

Disclaimer: not for the faint of heart! Click here for the Joyce love letters if you dare!

Have more fun and sexy bits of history to share? Leave them in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. I hope Rachel Zoe knew about this and that's why she says "I Die"

    ReplyDelete