Saturday, September 10, 2011

BACON!

So, everyone loves bacon (except for the few weirdos who claim that they hate it, can't EVEN stand the smell of it, gross barf barf.... don't worry, as soon as bacon takes over the world, the first thing we'll do is drop all the haters on a small, dry, uncomfortable island covered in bacon factories.)

BUT, despite my love for BLTs, bacon and eggs breakfasts, and chocolate covered bakies, I do think some things have gotten a little out of hand. Maybe--MAYBE--I can understand bacon flavored vodka (pure.refreshing.bacon). Haha just kidding, not really. I've just had time to let it process and if someone had it at a party, I'd probably try it.
Here are some ridiculous(ly cool?) bacon products. There is something called Baconnaise... bacon in spreadable form!



Enjoy it on toast...
Make yourself a PB & B...
Spice up a deviled egg recipe...
Replace butter full stop.






These jerks also make...
-Bacon Pop(corn)
-Bacon croutons and Bacon Ranch dressing (effective way to completely disguise the fact that you're eating a salad)
-BACON LIP BALM!!!!






-AND, BACON ENVELOPES!!! That is just nuts, why did they think of that? What's next, bacon breath mints? Taste like a comfort food to sizzle up your make-out sessions. Your gal won't know what hit her! Genius!

FACT: Did you know that the phrase "chew the fat" comes from the 1500s and originally referred to the custom of offering guests a piece of bacon, which was stored above the fireplace in the parlor, so they could chew the fat during their visit? Yeppers.

Also, sometime in the 1960s and 70s, toaster bacon graced mustard-yellow, orange, and baby-shit-green kitchens. Talk about convenience!  Apparently, the aluminum foil packaging was a pain to perfect, for slight tears caused leakage which made toasters smoke or break. Too bad this didn't take off.

Additionally, if you visit the site, www.royalbaconsociety.com (don't ask me how I find these things), you'll come across an ocean of information. Sizzling scented candles, dental floss, canned bacon (for your tornado cellars and bomb shelters), candies like caffeinated maple-bacon lollipops, and more! All gross!

Leave a comment and let me (and sir Francis Bacon) know which bacon product you either HATEwithapassion or would LOVEtoownamillionof.

5 comments:

  1. Hate it all, but I can't deny that I'm surprisingly intrigued by Baconnaise. It looks so gross, but then I started thinking about the texture. Is it more like peanut butter, or jelly? Or maybe like mayonaise? And at that point I realized I had put so much thought into it that I kind of wanted to try it.

    This realization is currently causing some serious self loathing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And just to make it clear, I still stand by "Hate it all". Including Baconnaise, even though I want to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, good.

    I find that I definitely can't make up my mind about meat. But I'm pretty comfortable with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, I forgot to bring up...

    Why don't they make bacon perfume/ cologne? They most definitely make wearable steak scents... to aid cougars in catching prey and whatnot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gross. WD-40 should be the only cologne.

    ReplyDelete